Saturday 9 June 2012

Not another Doctor's Blog!


Front and centre my medical hero, the inimitable Sir Lancelot Spratt
The Doctor's Surgery opened its doors in 2012 as my wife strongly felt I should share with others my often unsolicited views on topics including life as a junior doctor, the NHS, politics and life in general. I am not sure whether she felt this would lessen her burden by channelling my exuberance elsewhere or whether she genuinely thought others may enjoy reading my posts. I think this would vary from day to day, depending on how much sleep our new-born daughter had graced her with the previous evening.

I am a 28 year old (going on 70 for those who know me well) Junior Doctor currently working in a District General Hospital in the Midlands. I love my job, I love that I have the privilege of caring for people often at their most vulnerable. My opinions derive from a desire to both perform my job to the best of my ability and see the health service we all depend upon live up to the rightfully high expectations of its patients.


As the medical director where I work is fond of saying 'we live in interesting times', with the world economy in tatters and the NHS coping with an increased burden from an ageing population whilst relying on a reducing number of taxpayers  to finance their care. It would therefore seem that now is as good a time as any to pontificate in public; it is my sincere hope that those reading this blog will take time to add their proverbial tuppenceworth and disagree with me as vehemently as possible where they feel it necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your opinions too so please leave me a comment.